- This guide features 1,845 PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM Colors shown side-by-side with their four-color process printed equivalents on coated paper enabling printers and designers to quickly determine how closely Solid Colors can be matched in CMYK.
- Colors are each displayed along with coordinating numbers and CMYK, sRGB and HTML values so that graphic and web designers can easily translate Solid Colors to their ultimate printed or digital design intent.
- New colors have been added to the front of the guide, allowing designers to easily find 112 new means of inspiration, expression and opportunities for creativity.
- Colors are predominantly arranged chromatically to allow for ease in visually locating color families and ranges.
- Printed colors bleed off both page sides so they can be best analyzed for matching when guide pages are laid on top of printed works during evaluation.
- An index can be found in the back of the guide for easy location of colors by number.
- The convenient fan guide format allows for optimal color scanning and portability.
- Guide is produced on text-weight paper in order to best simulate the most commonly used industry printing substrate.
- A lighting indicator tool can be found at the back of each guide, allowing the user to instantly understand if current lighting conditions are suitable for accurate color evaluation and matching.
- Purchase of this guide set includes a free download of PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software, a $49 value. PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software allows upload of all the latest Pantone Color Libraries into your favorite design applications.
- This guide demonstrates the effects of printing on coated stock for each color
- 1,845 solid colors and CMYK, HTML/Hex and sRGB values
- Screen tint percentages provided to serve as a starting points for adjusting the color match, if desired
- Substrate: Ink on text-weight paper
- All colors are printed using a uniform ink film thickness, making them easy to match on press
- PANTONE Colors are internationally recognized for color communication and are globally available
- System supported by worldwide network of Pantone Licensees
- Individual guide size: 1 5/8" x 9 1/4"
- ISBN #: 978-1-590654-05-7
- UPC #: 8 49572 00544 6
- Mailer Dimensions: 4-1/8" x 10-5/8" x 2-1/8"
How To Use
- Locate colors by number by using the index immediately after the 112 New PANTONE Colors and/or at the back of the guide.
- Compare and evaluate colors only under optimal lighting conditions. Use the lighting indicator tool found at the back of the guide or a light booth supporting either D65 or D50 light sources.
- Over time, any and all papers will yellow and inks will fade. In order to ensure you have the most accurate color for specification and evaluation, Pantone recommends that you replace your guides and books annually.