National Geographic Traveler (US)
- National Geographic Traveler is the world's most widely read travel magazine.
- It championed sustainable travel before it was cool and, eight times annually, celebrates journeys that are about place, experience, culture, authenticity, living like the locals, and great photography.
- Makes a distinction between tourism and travel, and stresses inquisitive not acquisitive trips.
- NGT employs storytelling and you-are-there photography to inspire readers to pick up and go.
- And, with the theme of "Nobody Knows This World Better," it eschews fashion and fluff in favor of articles that offer a strong sense of place, inspiring narratives that make readers take trips, and solid service information to help them plan those trips.